Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Jaw Dropped

Dear Dr. Tejura,
I wanted to say it is a rare pleasure to have been able to have some faith renewed in the medical profession,solely because of your attitude, your strength and dedication to CARING for patients, and I would like to wish you many, many happy days on your journey and in your travels. I want to keep up with you blog, and hope to be talking with you regularly, because we need more physicians who truly believe in the Hippocratic Oath you take when you become physicians and healers of not only the body, but the mind and spirit as well.

It is obvious you sincerely believe in your calling, and I know you will be a wonderful influence on others in your profession when they see and understand the rewards that can come from HELPING AND CARING for those of us who in such desperate need to know we are being treated and cared for by a truly honest and dedicated professional. Your posts have been uplifting and helpful, but your commitment to helping others has impressed me to the point of feeling "happy tears" roll down my face, which is a refreshing change from the tears of frustration and fear I have experienced because of the mercenary and robotic attitude I have witnessed in my journey toward a higher level of wellness.

May God bless you and keep you safe in your travels and I look forward to your return and your very bright future ahead in medicine. I believe you will be instrumental in helping those who would otherwise have little hope to enjoy a brighter, longer and more healthy life when they find themseves fortunate to have you caring for the very life you hold in your loving hands. You are a prime example why God gives those with your level of intelligence and compassion the opportunity to proudly call themselves Medical Doctors.

Thank you, friend.

With Respect and Care,
Briana



Briana is from the NPR blog..she wrote this one the website..reading it brought me to tears...what kind words...as another NPR reader told me 'One kind word can warm three winter months'.... words of wisdom. Thank you Briana, and I hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly.

No comments: