Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thamel

Am walking around Thamel... it's very similar to india.. the sounds, sights, shops... it's much cooler in temerature since it's monsoon season, and it had rained this morning..

Got my eyebrows threaded... they have a Nepaleese Rupee currency... and a weird visa.. if you stay less than 3 days, it's free, otherwise it's 30 US Dollars. I am staying free, since in a few days I leave for Tibet.

While wandering I ecncountered a Canadian gal who had just been in Tibet.. where she said it was quite cold... arghh. Have a jacket and will be layered I guess? Who knows.. take it as it comes.

I can't wait to dance with a monk.
That is my goal.
My friend promi9ses me 100 dollars, and another friend promises me a dinner at any place I want.

Fun times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krupali: Have you learned anything yet? Are you making any progress on your goal of 'making sense of it all'? Sandra

Anonymous said...

that friend needs to pay UP and although i made no bets, i'll treat you to a meal anyway! :P