Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Mt. Everest and Coffee Time with a Lama.


Today....this morning...I left for my mountain flight to Mt. Everest on Buddha Airlines...don't worry...I took tons of photos and video for it.. I just forgot my jumpdrive to upload it onto a computer here (DUH!).

Let's just say it was amazing...incredible..it left the 20 on the plane breathless for a few minutes..the mountain is majestic.....gorgeous...it IS a slice of heaven...if there is a heaven on earth.

I ran up to the pilot to get a better glimse of the peak...

Today was the first day in 10 days that the planes went up (secondary to poor visibility earlier)...hence I am very lucky..fortunate.

The first time in 10 days.
Whew.

Afterwards, grabbed breakfast at my hotel, and then the tour guide took me around Kathmandu...today we went to the Monkey Temple over looking the Kathmandu Valley...and while there we met with the Lama (leader) of the Monestary named Lama Tender...the tour guide with who I was with, told me I could talk to him...and talk to him I did. He even invited us into his room and gave us coffee.

I had coffee with the Lama of the Swayambunath Temple. The tour guide was amazed. In his 10 years going to the temple, it was his first encounter with the Lama, let alone sit in his room and drink coffee and chat.

I asked him what made him be so happy.

His response: Faith in God.

Simple response.

Next we went to the Goddess Kumari's House and roamed around Durbar Square. I even got Henna (mehndi) on my hands... in 4 minutes flat. I'm typing this while it is drying ;). Good times.

Back in Thamel, where i'll hang out for a few hours before getting back to the hotel to rest, and catch up on sleep. It's been early mornings for me, and whenever I go to a new location, I always have trouble sleeping. Hopefully tonight it will kick in. If not...there is always Benadryl.

Tomorrow is another day in Kathmandu. Seeing more temples, and other sites.

Be Well!

1 comment:

Amardeep Singh said...

Sounds like you're starting to have fun. Hope the good fortune w/lamas and weather continues. ;-)