Tuesday, August 7, 2007

CCTV 9

This is the ONLY English station in China.

It is horrific.

Let’s just say, reading The Onion would have been more newsworthy.
What they feed you is utter propaganda of how China is peachy keen, and all is well, and we should all hold hands in their so-called Shangri-La.

Pathetic.

I know I’m being quite harsh, and opinionated…but those are my thoughts.
I could NOT BELIEVE that this country got the Olympics.
Beijing is a nightmare…polluted…congested….the Olympic committee even warned athletes to limit their time outdoors in that city due to possibly damaging ones lungs.

Fabulous.
When I got back to Nepal today, the first thing I did (besides shower, and finally wash my hair!), was watch CNN, and Indian news…damn… so refreshing to finally know what is going on in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i heard in the news today that beijing may shut down all factories (because they can do that in china) right before and during the olympics to reduce the pollution. WOW.