Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Top of the Morning to You

As I leech internet off by sneaking into the Qatar Airlines crew lounge at this hotel. Gotta love how I leech it--otherwise this hotel charges an arm and a leg, and I like my appendages, thank you very much.

Headed to the gym...then breakfast, and then another tour of places around the city.

Reading: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence (I know i'm missing pieces of the title)...but good book so far..

Slept sorta well... watching TV... lots of Indian movies are on here.. (I sold my tv 2 months ago, so hence am catching up)...

It's raining this morning... lightly...but I prefer cool weather to hot hot hot humidity.
Tomorrow is Lhasa, where i'll have a full day to acclimate, otherwise will face altitude sickness... let's cross our fingers that it doesn't happen.

Look forward to seeing yaks, not going to drink the yak tea, or eat the butter.
And definitely look forward to China and restricted internet access where you cannot google the Dalai Lama, or view any news pieces, or heck anything political. Good times.

I guess my 'Free Tibet' t-shirt won't be allowed there.
Unless I want to be:
a. deported
b. jailed
c. cause a crazy ruckus.

Darn it... well at least I can think it, no?

Saw some Maoists here in Nepal yesterday...
Interesting times.

My political knowledge of the world is nill, and i'm truly learning on the fly.
I didn't purge through guidebooks of the places I am visiting..maybe not a good thing...but i've usually traveled on the fly...and learn as I go, and try to take it in... without any taint from someone.

Okay, off to the gym.
Let me run off some steam.
Full speed ahead.

No comments: