Saturday, August 18, 2007

In Thailand

Just arrived into Thailand...flight got in a bit late... and just am settling into my most gorgeous hotel...It's superb...raindrop shower, and normal shower....fresh sweet Thai fruit (their pineapple tastes like pure sugar)...and it's a modern/botique place located in the heart of shopping...

What made my evening wasn't the hotel...it's a person who I met tonight..a friend of a friend named Sandy.

My dear friend Roy is Thai...and when I told him I was going to Thailand, he told me to email his friend Sandy who is also a Cancer Doctor in Bangkok...We sent a few emails and then....

She was here at the hotel to welcome me....how sweet is that? She has massages planned, told me where to go tomorrow morning while she is working (the Sunday Market awaits me...taught me the public transport system!), and a Thai puppet show tomorrow night with dinner... she has all my days planned....and I thought i'd be meandering and wandering without a clue (as I normally tend to do while traveling). She told me she's been waiting for me to come for weeks and is truly excited to show me her city!

I'm sooo thrilled to have met a new friend...it's going to be a fabulous few days...very, very happy...and really happy to have Sandy show me around..we are quite similar in nature... she has outside interests from medicine (she paints and is going to show me her gallery!), and believes that the white coat doesn't define a person...(it never does, does it?)...

Tomorrow... wish me luck....getting to the market via Skybus and Subway...
WHOOOOOO!

No comments: