Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dancing Away...

Danced with 4 monks in Tibet… and had an amazing time.. one monk was 80 years old, and was paralyzed on half his body….but he twirled and laughed with me.. the joy he showed was second to none…. This was at the Ganden Monastery…

As I was leaving, my tourguide got us both Red Bulls to drink (as we were losing steam)—which by the way are less carbonated then the American version…outside 2 Chinese monks were sitting…

I grabbed one of their hands and twirled…then twirled with the other one…they could not stop laughing…nor could I.

The most amazing part?Later that night after dinner, as I was walking to my favorite café, guess who I run into….but the same 2 MONKS!!!
We danced again.
Can we say….awesome?Seriously.
How the heck they found me again in Bangkhor Market (which is a maze of streets comparable to Venice, Italy), I will never know… 30 KM away from the Monastery in which we first danced.

The friends that I was with when I danced with them the second time around were stunned.
Flabbergasted actually.

I’ve been trudging around a videocamera capturing all of these fantastic times..when I get home, hopefully will upload some of them…

Lighthearted…
-Krupali

No comments: