Thursday, August 2, 2007

Why I Danced With A Monk.

Why was my goal to dance with a Monk (Buddhist)?

Because.
Why not.

It wasn't a ritual.
I went up to a monk, and asked for his hand, and twirled him around, and then he twirled me around.

Where?
At Boudhanath, the HOLIEST BUDDHIST PLACE IN NEPAL!

Why?
Why not.
It made him laugh.
It made me smile even harder.

It's simple twirling which I absolutely love to do.
I make my parents twirl all the time and it makes them chuckle.
It makes my patients chuckle too...

There is no significance to it..
Just silliness... and light heartedness..

Simple.

Monks don't usually dance.
This was spectacular.

The guide i'm with is somewhat stunned by my approach to everyone...first having coffee with the Lama, to dancing with the 90 year old cute Nepali man...to dancing with a monk....he says i've done incredible things which have never happened before.

Never say never.
I may go dance with a monk in Tibet next.
Bets on?
:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so crazy, krupali! :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds exactly like you - bringing smiles to people all over the world. Wish I could have joined you...

BRIANA said...

Dear Krupali,
I LOVED your story about dancing with the Monks and agree, WHY NOT? You are so full of life, and give me such inspiration to keep fighting, regain my health, and get back to the business of living life to the fullest and doing those fun things that will forever be etched in our memories. I am somewhat of a maverick myself and see so much of myself in your colorful stories. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing that human side of yourself that is so awesome and beautiful!

Beautiful photographs, too. Until next time, have a great time!

Love, Briana