Friday, August 10, 2007

Chitwan Forest

I've been in a Forest/Jungle, sans electrcity, A/C, fan for 2 days.

It was harsh.

I hated it.
Really hated it.
I can't wait to yell at my travel agent when I get back to Kathmandu for wasting 2 days of my life.

Well I guess not all went to waste...
Rode elephants..

Climbed up on top by holding it's ears, and putting my right foot on its trunk...it then lifted me up, and I sat and rode on its back and went to the river with it so it could cool off...

But there were NO ANIMALS but a few deer and such....i've been on safari in Africa, and this was peanuts compared to it.

The lodge was horrendous..I think everyone was complaining...but you couldn't leave..it was too internal... went via land rover, canoe, and land rover once again... yeah.. I was in for a shock.

Thankfully back to civilization in Pokhara...which has a real hotel...and now i'm catching up on email...

Oh and Chitwan wasn't a complete loss...I finished #1 and #2 of Harry Potter...now off to a second hand book shop to find me #3 and 4.

Leroy... I'm behind y'all....
:)

No comments: