Tuesday, August 7, 2007

No Blogging in China..

Sorry I’ve been MIA for awhile. I was in Tibet, China (China overtook it in 1959), and there is NO BLOGGING allowed. If I wanted to login, you’d get some crazy Chinese characters blocking you. This happened to any BBC.com story, and some cnn.com news stories. It was utterly shocking to me.

Gotta love this country which bans ANY site which contains blogspot, wordpress, typepad, or any sort of blog formant.

I wanted to gag myself.

I even had the help of a high school kid visiting Lhasa who had a proxy to bypass this communistic system of containing free thought and opinion.

By the time he got me logged onto my blog, it was blocked again.
2 minutes flat.
Big brother was watching us from the moment we stepped on the wonderful world that is Tibet.

It’s sad, frightening, and caused me pain.

No comments: